• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 600g lamb eye of loin/backstrap
• 1 x 400g can of lentils
• 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
• ½ bunch parsley, shredded
• 1½ red onion, finely diced
• 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
• 2 tbsp cranberries
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
• Sea salt to taste
- Cut lamb into 3cm cubes. Thread onto 8 skewers (4-5 pieces of lamb on each) and season with salt and pepper. Preheat barbecue char-grill plate or pan to moderately-hot. Cook kebabs on one side until moisture appears before you turn them. Cook for 2 mins on each side.
- In a medium sized bowl place lentils, mint, parsley, red onion, cranberries, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Mix well and season.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl and drizzle with the yoghurt. Serve the lamb with the salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Lamb Recipes at https://www.australianlamb.com.au/recipes/lamb-kebabs-with-lentil-salad/