This Korean Fried Chicken is the BEST Korean fried chicken recipe that yields crispy fried chicken in spicy, savory and sweet Gochujang sauce. So crispy and delicious!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• oil, for deep-frying
• ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup potato starch
• white sesame, for garnishing
• 1 lb. (about 0.4 kg) chicken wings, drummettes and wingettes
• 2 tbsps honey
• 1 tbsp hot water
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2-3 tbsps Korean gojuchang red pepper paste
- Season the chicken with some salt and black pepper, then coat well with the potato starch. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients for Dressing together, stir to mix well.
- Heat up a Dutch oven, deep skillet or pan with 3 inches of oil. Heat the oil to 375°F (190°C). Coat the wings again and shake off the excess potato starch. Drop the wings gently into the oil and deep-fry until light brown or when they are cooked and become crispy. Remove the wings from the oil and drained on paper towels. Combine the Dressing and the wings, toss to coat well. Garnish with the sesame and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/korean-fried-chicken/