Want to know all of the secrets to cooking a perfect Tomahawk steak? You will be surprised at how easy it is! Learn how to make the best steak of your life, right in your own home!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• kosher salt
• 2 Tomahawk steaks
For compound butter:
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 2 tsps minced garlic
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tsps parsley finely chopped
• 1 tsp rosemary finely chopped
• 8 tbsps salted butter room temperature
- Heat an outdoor grill to highest heat. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season steaks generously with salt and pepper. Use approximately 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper per pound of steak. Get the top, bottom, and all the sides. Use a generous amount of salt as this is a thick steak.
- Sear the steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, letting the flames lick up the sides. You'll know the steak is ready to flip when it releases easily from the grill.
- Transfer the steak to a baking sheet . Bake in the preheated oven until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 130 degrees. This will take about 30 minutes, but use a meat thermometer for 100% accuracy.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of compound butter onto the steak. Slice as serve.
- For Compound Butter: In a bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, rosemary, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until well blended.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Stay At Home Chef at https://thestayathomechef.com/cook-perfect-tomahawk-steak/