A comforting, hearty meal for two with herby sausages and butter bean mash. Just a few ingredients make up this midweek meal that takes just 10 minutes prep.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 4 pork & herb sausages
• 8 spring onions, finely sliced
• 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 fat garlic clove, finely grated
• 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
• wilted greens, to serve
- Heat grill to high. Brush 1 tbsp oil over the sausages, and grill on a tray for 20 mins, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Add most of the spring onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Add the beans, garlic, and lemon zest and juice, cook for a few mins more, then gently mash with a potato masher to get a thick, creamy consistency. Season and cook for 5 mins more until warmed through. Scatter over the remaining spring onion and serve with the sausages and wilted greens.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/herby-sausages-butter-bean-mash