• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• 4 thyme sprigs
• 1 garlic clove, minced, plus 2 heads of garlic, halved crosswise
• 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaves
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 8 lamb loin chops
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• White bean puree, for serving
- In a large, shallow dish, combine the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the thyme, minced garlic, rosemary and cumin. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Set the halved heads of garlic cut side up on a large sheet of foil and drizzle with oil. Wrap the garlic in the foil and roast for 1 hour, until tender.
- Light a grill. Remove the chops from the marinade; discard the thyme and scrape off the garlic. Season the chops with salt and pepper and grill over moderate heat until lightly charred and medium-rare, 5 minutes per side. Serve the chops with the roasted garlic and White Bean Puree.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food and Wine Recipes at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-lamb-chops-with-roasted-garlic