• Prep and cook time: 2 hours & 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 duck legs
• 50 g sultanas
• 250 g duck fat
• 2 cloves of garlic
• 1 tsp shallot vinegar
• 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
• 50 g shelled pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC/gas 2.
- Place the duck legs and fat in a roasting tray, season, then smash and tuck in the garlic and 3 thyme sprigs.
- Cover with foil and roast for 2 hours, or until the meat is falling off the bone. Remove from the oven.
- Once cool, discard the skin and shred the meat off the bone.
- Roughly chop and mix in the pistachios and sultanas, then add the vinegar and remaining thyme leaves. Add enough cooking fat to bind the mixture – this should be about 2 tablespoons. Season to taste.
- Delicious served with sourdough toast.
This great family recipe is thanks to Jamie Oliver Recipes at https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/duck-recipes/duck-rillettes/