Duck breast with Three Red Fruits
A simply seasoned pan-fried duck breast is served with a ruby red sauce made with red plums, strawberries and raspberries.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 stick cinnamon
• 3 red plums, cut into small pieces
• 150g strawberries, halved
• 150g raspberries
• 1 tbsp honey, or to taste
• salt and black pepper, to taste
• 300g duck breast
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the cinnamon stick, fruit and honey. Stir well, and simmer for about 7 minutes, until the fruit is soft.
- Score the skin of the duck breast in a diamond pattern. Season with salt and pepper. Place in a hot frying pan over medium high heat, and cook until skin is browned, about 7 minutes. Turn over and cook for another few minutes, till the duck is medium rare. Slice the duck breast in half to check for doneness, and continue cooking till medium rare if needed. The breast should still be pink in the centre.
- Slice the breast into thin slices and serve with the warm sauce ladled over top.
- To serve: Roasted potatoes sprinkled with fresh rosemary is a great side dish to serve alongside this duck.
This great family recipe is thanks to allrecipes Recipes at http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/29938/duck-breast-with-three-red-fruits.aspx