This extremely simple and delicious recipe is from my friend Carmen and one of her best suggestions.
Before you start:
• If the duck breast has been vacuum-wrapped, make sure to take it out of its package 1 h before cooking in order to dry it.
• Keep the serving plates warm on the stove while you're preparing the dish.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 1/2 tbsp honey, liquid
• 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/4 tsp coriander seeds, coarsely ground or crushed
• 1/4 tsp peppercorns, coarsely ground or crushed
• 1 steaklets of duck
• Optional: 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 230°C /450°F.
- Heat the honey in a saucepan over high heat 2-3 min, until it is slightly caramelized. Pour in the vinegar and mix well. Add the spices, lower the heat to 'low', then let the sauce reduce 5 min, until it has reached a 'coating' consistency.
- Make crosshatched incisions in the skin of the breasts. Season with salt then rub it into the meat. Put the breasts, skin side down, in a thick-bottom skillet. Pour the honey sauce over the breasts then cook in the middle of the oven about 8 min. Turn them, then cook an additional 2 min (for medium-rare doneness).
- Transfer the duck breasts to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let stand 5 min before slicing (to reabsorb the juices). Put the slices on the warmed plates, spoon the sauce on the slices and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Sos Cuisine Recipes at https://www.soscuisine.com/recipe/duck-breast-honey-spices