• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 x Luv-a-Duck , Duck Breasts
• 6 prunes
• ¼ cup walnuts
• 2 tbs walnut oil
• Zest and Juice of half an orange
• ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• ½ bunch chives chopped to
• garnish (optional)
• Salt and pepper
• San Remo Pappardelle, cooked (use one nest per person)
- Pre heat the oven to 190°C.
- For the prune stuffing blend ingredients in a small food processor.
- Make an incision on the side of each duck breast.
- Fill each cavity with prune stuffing and seal the cavity securely with a toothpick. Season the duck with salt and pepper
- Heat a pan on medium heat and cook the duck, skin side down for 5 minutes until skin is golden. Turn the duck breast over and cook for 2 minutes. Place the duck in a roasting tray and cook in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove the duck and let this rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the pan back on the stove and deglaze with the vinegar.
- Once syrupy add the stock and reduce by half.
- Slice the duck in to three and arrange on plate and drizzle with the balsamic sauce.
This great family recipe is thanks to Luv-A-Duck Recipes at http://www.luvaduck.com.au/recipes/view/duck-breast-stuffed-with-prunes/31/