This is an easy mid-week staple dish.
A simple technique, starting off with a cold fry pan to create the most delicious crispy salmon skin, which let’s face it, is the best bit! Serve with a fresh herb dressing!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 Fresh Huon Salmon portions (Skin on)
• 1 Small clove of garlic (Roughly chopped)
• 1 Cup Fresh green herbs such as parsley, basil, coriander or dill
• 1 tsp Chopped chilli (or capers if you don't like it spicy!)
• 2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
• 1/4 Cup Olive oil + 1 tbsp extra
- Place the garlic on a clean chopping board, and using the edge of a sharp knife, mash the garlic with a pinch of salt into a course paste.
- In a medium bowl, stir the chopped herbs, lemon juice and ¼ cup of the olive oil. Add the garlic and chili and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Splash remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large heavy based, nonstick, frypan and swirl around to coat. Season Huon Salmon portions with salt all over then place the salmon, skin side down in the cold fry pan.
- Place the frypan over medium heat, don’t move the salmon around, but after 4 minutes, gently press the portion flat so the skin has good contact with the frying pan.
- Continue to cook the salmon until the skin is super crisp and the flesh is almost opaque. About 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your portion. Turn the salmon over and cook for a further minute.
- Spoon herb sauce onto a plate and carefully place salmon, skin side up, on top and serve with your favourite sides.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/crispy-skin-huon-salmon-green-herb-dressing/