This thrifty and comforting pasta bake for two is made with a punchy garlic and chilli spiked tomato sauce, then topped with mozzarella
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 200g rigatoni
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• pinch of chilli flakes
• 400g can chopped tomato
• 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
• 4 good-quality pork sausages
• ½ x 150g ball mozzarella, patted dry and torn into chunks
• 2 courgettes, sliced on the diagonal then chopped into batons
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Squeeze the sausagemeat out of the skins, breaking it into little chunks, and pop in the pan. Fry for 8 mins until golden and cooked through. Tip in the courgettes, garlic and a pinch of chilli flakes. Fry for a few mins until just tender. Pour over the chopped tomatoes, season and bubble down for 5 mins or so, adding a splash of water if it’s looking too thick.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions. Drain and stir through the sauce and spoon everything into 2 small flameproof dishes.
- Heat the grill to high. Dot the cheese on top of the sausage dishes, then place under the grill until the cheese is golden and bubbling (about 5-10 mins), and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/courgette-sausage-rigatoni-bakes