Let's say HELLO to this salad season with the supreme crunch of kale, apples and chicken in our Chicken Waldorf Salad.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4 - 5
For the Creamy Dressing:
• 2 tbsps honey
• zest of 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup candied walnuts
• 1 apple, cut into cubes
• 2 tbsps white balsamic
• 1 cup grapes, cut in half
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
• 2 - 3 celery ribs, roughly chopped
• 1 lb chicken breast, grilled with salt and pepper
• 1 bunch red kale, stems removed and torn into small pieces
- In a small bowl mix together dressing ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl toss torn kale with salad dressing. Top with sliced chicken breast, candied walnuts, celery, grapes and apples.
- If making ahead, store prepared salad without dressing the kale. Dress salad right before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Modern Proper at https://themodernproper.com/chicken-waldorf-salad