• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 400g lean beef mince
• 350g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1 zucchini, grated and excess water squeezed out
• 1 egg lightly beaten
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 4 mixed grain rolls
• 1 avocado, sliced
• Sliced tomato
• Lettuce leaves
• Sliced red onion
- Steam or boil sweet potato until tender. Mash. Combine with garlic, beef mince, parsley, zucchini and egg. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat large non-stick frying pan. Add oil and heat. Cook patties over medium heat for 4–5 mins on each side or until cooked. Keep warm.
- Half the rolls and toast. Top one half with lettuce, burgers, onion and tomato. Top other half with sliced avocado.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef Recipes at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/beef-and-sweet-potato-burgers/