30 Minute BBQ Chicken Zucchini Boats – loaded with flavor, low in calories and high in protein. The perfect easy healthy recipe for a quick weeknight dinner your family will love!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4-6
• 3 zucchini, halved (seeds removed)
• 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredde
• 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I used Stubbs Brand)
• 1/3 cup shredded mexican cheese
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
• 1/4 cup diced green onions
• 3 tablespoons of ranch dressing to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the seeds out of the zucchini halves, leaving a little about a 1/2″ hole carved out of the center (similar to a boat). Place the zucchini flesh side up in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Add shredded chicken and BBQ sauce to a small bowl. Toss to coat all the chicken with BBQ sauce.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the BBQ chicken mixture. (about 1/4-1/3 cup for each zucchini boat)
- Sprinkle with mexican cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. (NOTE: I like my zucchini with a bite, if you would like yours more tender bake for an additional 5-10 minutes for desired tenderness)
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with avocado, tomatoes, green onion, and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/BBQ-Chicken-Zucchini-Boats-2159320?prm-v1