This healthy dinner features sustainably farmed Australian barramundi and root vegetables, all bursting with potent macronutrients to help keep you active.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 small oranges
• curly endive, to serve
• 1 tbsp dukkah, to serve
• 4 x 200g barramundi fillets, skin on
• 2 bunches baby carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
• 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
• 100g dried French green lentils, rinsed, drained
• 300g kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
• 2 green shallots, peeled, white part finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Grease and line a baking tray with baking paper. Cook lentils in a saucepan of simmering water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place carrots on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Season well. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Squeeze juice of 1 orange over carrots. Roast for a further 5 minutes.
- While the carrots are roasting, pour stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add pumpkin and cook, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Use a stick blender to blend until smooth. Keep warm.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan over mediumlow heat. Cook shallot for 5 minutes or until lightly caramelised. Add lentils. Finely grate rind of remaining orange then juice. Stir rind and juice into shallot mixture. Season well.
- Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, skin-side down, for 3 minutes or until skin is golden, crisp. Turn fish over. Place pan in oven for 2-3 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Divide pumpkin puree, lentils, carrots and fish among serving plates. Sprinkle with dukkah and serve with endive.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/barramundi-pumpkin-carrots-lentils-recipe/ro9tf1jj