Barramundi Steaks with Shiitake Mushrooms
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps light soy sauce
• 2 tbsps oil
• 2 tbsps Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
• pinch of sugar
• zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 4 × 200 g (7 oz) barramundi steaks
• 1 tsp roasted sesame oil
• 150 g (5½ oz) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
• 2 spring onions (scallions), chopped
- Mix the soy sauce, oil, rice wine, sugar and lemon zest and juice together in a jug. Put the barramundi steaks in a shallow non-metallic ovenproof dish in which they fit snugly in a single layer. Pour the marinade over the fish steaks and turn them once so both sides are coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Return to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 3–4 minutes, or until beginning to soften. Add the spring onion, stir and remove from the heat. Sprinkle the mushroom and onion mixture over the fish and bake, covered with a lid or foil, for 25–30 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and firm to the touch. Serve with egg noodles.
This great family recipe is thanks to Goodfood Recipes at https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/barramundi-steaks-with-shiitake-mushrooms-20130806-2rc5n