Perfect for long sunny days and barbeques with friends. Delicious served with garlic and lavender new potatoes. Recipe by Michelin-starred chef Galton Blackiston.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 6 Gressingham® duck breasts, skin left on
• salt and pepper
• 75g runny honey
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh root ginger
• 25ml soy sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
• 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
• 1 clove fresh garlic
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Using a sharp knife, score the skins of the duck breasts, season well with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To make the marinade, place all of the remaining ingredients into a liquidiser, blitz well and pour into a bowl.
- Place the duck breasts onto a preheated BBQ skin-side down and continuously baste or brush the breasts with the honey marinade throughout the cooking time, while moving the breasts around to avoid sticking. The duck breasts should take around 15 minutes to cook. Alternatively cut the duck breasts into strips for a quicker cooking time.
TIP: Cooking six duck breasts on the BBQ at one time may cause the BBQ to flame up. If this happens, shut the lid and cook one or two duck breasts at a time.
This great family recipe is thanks to allrecipes Recipes at http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/23970/barbecued-duck-breasts-with-honey--ginger-and-soy-sauce.aspx