• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes - 1 hour
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 x 200g (7 oz) fish fillets
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 40g (1 1/2 oz) jalapeño chillies
• 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 large green capsicum (pepper)
• 2 tbsps roughly chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
• tuna, marlin, kingfish, barramundi
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/ Gas 4). Put the swordfish steaks in a large rectangular ovenproof dish.
- To make the salsa verde, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small saucepan and, when hot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 10 minutes, or until the onion has softened. Allow to cool for a few minutes. Blanch the capsicum in boiling water for 8 minutes, then drain. Put the softened onion and garlic in a food processor with the capsicum, chillies, coriander and remaining oil. Blend to a purée and season with salt. Alternatively, finely chop the ingredients by hand and mix together well.
- Spread the salsa verde on top of the swordfish steaks, dividing it equally. Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes, or until the fish is firm and opaque. Serve with crispy baked potato chunks.
This great family recipe is thanks to Goodfood Recipes at https://www.goodfood.com.au/recipes/baked-swordfish-steaks-with-salsa-verde-20130807-2rfmo