• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• olive oil
• 2 tbsps honey
• 4 duck breasts
• 80ml peanut oil
• 200g green beans
• 1 tbsp palm sugar
• 85g toasted cashews
• 80ml rice wine vinegar
• 4 tbsps light soy sauce
• Chinese five spice powder
• pot baby Basil or baby herbs
- Score the skin of the duck breasts with a very sharp knife. Season the duck breast generously with salt and the five spices and rub into the skin thoroughly.
- Score the skin of the duck breast by making shallow cuts and season both sides of the breast with salt and pepper.
- Place duck breast in medium warm pan skin-side down and cook until brown and crispy, 4-5 minutes. Turn the breast over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Just before the duck is ready, drizzle the honey and soy sauce over. Toss and turn the duck in the honey and soy and cook until the liquid has reduced to a syrupy glaze. Transfer the duck to a warm plate and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- While the duck is resting, to a pan of salted boiling water add the beans and cook for no more than one minute. Meanwhile, crush the cashews lightly with a pestle and mortar. Drain the beans. Whisk the oils, sugar and sherry vinegar together with some seasoning. Toss the beans in the vinaigrette to taste.
- To serve, place the bean salad off centre. Slice the duck and place beside. Drizzle any remaining pan juices over and finish with a small drizzle of the vinaigrette. Finish with baby herbs.
This great family recipe is thanks to Luv-A-Duck Recipes at http://www.luvaduck.com.au/recipes/view/honey-soy-glazed-duck-breast-with-green-beans-and-toasted-hazelnuts/40/