Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken packed with unbelievable flavours, crispy skin and so juicy!
Garlic Herb Butter Roast Chicken packed with unbelievable flavours, crispy skin, and so juicy! Nothing beats an easy to make and even easier to prepare roast chook! Especially when roasted with garlic butter, rosemary, parsley, lemon, and a hint of white wine. Beats any rotisserie chicken!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour & 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 4-5 pound 2-3 kg whole chicken, at room temperature giblets and neck removed from cavity
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
• 3 tbsps olive oil
• 1/4 cup white wine, (OPTIONAL) -- use a dry wine like a Sauv blanc or Chardonnay
• 1 lemon, halved
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 2 tbsps fresh chopped parsley
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 head of garlic roughly peeled and cut in half horizontally through the middle crosswise
• 3 fresh whole rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 430°F | 220°C (400°F or 200°C fan forced). Line a baking tray with foil, or lightly grease a roasting pan.
- Discard neck from inside the cavity and remove any excess fat and leftover feathers. Rinse chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Pour the olive oil, melted butter, wine (if using) and the juice of half a lemon over the chicken, under the skin and inside the cavity. Season chicken liberally on the outside and inside the cavity with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the parsley.
- Rub the minced garlic over the chicken, mixing all ingredients together over the chicken and under the skin.
- Stuff the garlic head into the chicken cavity along with the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halve. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Place breast-side up into baking tray or roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes, basting half way through cooking time, until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Baste again, then broil for a further 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve, drizzled with pan juices and remaining lemon half cut into wedges or slices.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cafe Delites Recipes at https://cafedelites.com/garlic-herb-butter-roast-chicken/