Cheesy Chicken Casserole with Potato bake is one of the best casserole recipes ever! Ingredients are chicken breasts, potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, ranch and cream.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 tsp sugar
• 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
• 1 tbsp Ranch dressing
• 3 dashes ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 4 tbsps unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
• 2 medium-size potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
• 1 stalk scallion, green part only, cut into small rounds
• 2 slices Canadian bacon or bacon strips, cut into pieces
• 8 oz. (approx. 226 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh, cut into cubes
- Heat oven to 350°F (176°C). Lightly grease a 9" x 9" baking pan with some oil or butter.
- Add the salt, sugar, pepper and Ranch dressing to the heavy whipping cream. Lightly stir to combine well.
- Spread the potatoes, follow by the chicken, in one single layer.
- Sprinkle the bacon, butter, and then top with half of the cheddar cheese and the scallions.
- Pour the heavy cream over top of casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover the pan and bake for another 30 minutes. In the last 10 minutes, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese is slightly crusty. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/chicken-casserole/