Looking for a healthy, affordable feast that’ll satisfy even the picky eaters in your family? Barramundi One Pan Dinner with Spring Vegetables and Arugula Pesto is what you seek!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 medium beets, any color, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups)
• 1/2 cup plus 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 cups halved or cubed (depending on size) radishes, any variety
• 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
• 1 bunch thin asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
• 4 5-ounce barramundi fillets, skin on or off
• 1 small clove garlic
• 1/2 cup walnuts
• 2 packed cups arugula
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the beets with one tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. then spread out onto a large sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then add the radishes. Drizzle with an additional tablespoon of olive oil, mix together, then bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until the beets and radishes are tender and browned.
- Add the asparagus, drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil, season with more salt and pepper, then mix to evenly distribute. Scatter lemon slices around the pan, then top with barramundi fillets. Season fillets generously with salt and pepper, then drizzle them with a tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the fish is opaque throughout.
- While the fish cooks, make the pesto. Add the garlic, walnuts, and arugula to the bowl of a food processor. Season with salt and pepper, then pulse to break everything up. Let the motor run while slowly streaming in the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- When the fish is cooked, remove the pan from the oven and squeeze lemon juice all over. Spoon the pesto over the fish and vegetables. Serve with more pesto on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks toThe Better Fish Recipes at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/barramundi-one-pan-dinner-spring-vegetables/