Soy-Glazed Chicken – the best soy-glazed chicken recipe ever. Made with soy sauce, five spice powder and sugar, this sticky and savory chicken is crazy good!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps sugar
• white sesame
• 1 1/2 tbsps oil
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• Chopped scallion
• 2 1/2 tbsps soy sauce
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp five-spice powder
• 1 1/2 lbs 4 chicken thighs
• 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine or Japanese cooking sake
- Mix the soy sauce, five spice powder, wine, sesame oil and sugar together. Whisk to dissolve sugar completely. Add the sauce mixture to the chicken. Stir to coat well.
- Heat up a skillet on low to medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is heated, add the garlic and saute until they turn light brown. Add the chicken and all the sauce into the skillet and cook slowly, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce reduces.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, garnish with white sesame and scallion, serve hot with steamed rice.
NOTES: You may use boneless and skinless chicken thighs, chicken breasts, or chicken drumsticks. I used low sodium soy sauce. If your sauce mixture is too salty, add some water to dilute or more sugar to taste.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/soy-glazed-chicken-recipe/