Looking for a delicious natural lamb recipe? Try out this simple, yet tasty recipe for Lamb Rib Chops Saltimbocca from the experts at Australian Lamb!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 Australian Lamb Racks, cut into quarters (2 rib bones each chop)
• 2 mozzarella balls, cut into 4 equal slices
• 8 large sage leaves
• 8 thin prosciutto slices
• olive oil for cooking
• 2 tablespoons stock
• white wine for cooking
• 1 tablespoon butter
To Serve: soft polenta or a potato gratin
- Preheat the oven 350°F.
- Make a deep pocket in each lamb chop. Stuff the pocket with one slice of mozzarella cheese. Place one sage leaf on top of each chop and wrap each chop with one slice of prosciutto.
- Heat an oven-proof frying pan to medium high, add a splash of olive oil, and seal the chops for 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to the oven and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place over medium heat. Deglaze the pan with the stock and white wine. Allow to bubble and quickly stir in the butter, check seasonings and serve immediately.
- Serve with a soft polenta or a potato gratin.
This great family recipe is thanks to True-Aussie-Beef-and-Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/consumer-recipes/lamb/lamb-rib-chops-saltimbocca/