Italian Meatball Hoagie Braids
Meatball sandwiches with a twist ooze with melted cheese, making them easy for kids to handle. Using Easy Sheet-Pan Meatballs from your freezer gives you a head start!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 1 egg, slightly beaten
• 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
• 2 cans (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
• 16 (1 1/2-inch) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, (about 1 pound), thawed and cut in half
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 rectangles. Place rectangles on cookie sheets. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Place 4 meatball halves lengthwise down center of each rectangle. Top each with 2 tablespoons pasta sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Make cuts 1 inch apart on each side of filling, using sharp knife. Alternately cross strips over filling. Brush dough with beaten egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
This great family recipe is thanks to Betty Crocker Recipes at https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/italian-meatball-hoagie-braids/2c5dc234-865e-4f82-8fc2-82251db40d63