• Prep and Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 lemon
• 1 small bay leaf
• 1/2 a red pepper
• 1/2 a yellow pepper
• 1/2 an orange pepper
• 6-8 chicken drumsticks
• 1 small handful of fresh parsley
• 200ml fresh organic chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add the chicken drumsticks. Cook for a few minutes, just to allow the skin to take on a bit of colour.
- Deseed and slice the peppers and cut the lemon into quarters.
- If your frying pan is ovenproof, add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the parsley) to the pan. If not, just transfer the chicken drumsticks to a roasting tin and then add the rest of the ingredients (apart from the parsley).
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pop in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes to cook. The chicken skin should be golden and the flesh cooked through (check by cutting into a thick piece of the drumstick to see that the juices are clear), the stock will have reduced to make a nice sauce, with a subtle lemon taste. If you prefer a thicker sauce, you can reduce it a little further on the hob.
- Remove the lemon quarters and bay leaf. Chop the parsley and sprinkle over before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to Jamie Oliver Recipes at https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/food-allergy-mums-chicken-drumsticks/