Elegant Pork Marsala Recipe
Wine and mushrooms lend elegance to this oh-so-simple pork dish. Use pre-sliced mushrooms and minced garlic to save time.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp pepper
• 5 tsps cornstarch
• 1/3 chopped onion
• 1/4 tsp minced garlic
• 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
• 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
• 2 turkey bacon strips, chopped
• 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
• 1 cup Marsala wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour and pepper. Dip pork chops in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms, onion and bacon to drippings; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste of Home Recipes at https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/elegant-pork-marsala/?_cmp=WeeknightDinners&_ebid=WeeknightDinners1%2F3%2F2017&_mid=132652&pmcode=IT7JJZ101