• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 10
• 2 x Luv-a-Duck, Fresh Duck Breasts, skin removed
• 2 slices white bread, diced
• 1 small onion, diced
• ½ cup parsley, chopped
• ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
• 1 x pinch salt
• 1 x pinch epper
• 1 x pinch chilli flakes
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp oil
• 10 mini brioche burger/slider rolls, warm
• 3 tbsp Hoi Sin sauce
• 1 cup kale coleslaw
• 50g pickled ginger
• ½ Roasted red capsicum, cut into 10 pieces
• Japanese mayonnaise to garnish
• Chopping Board
• Small Chef Knife
• Food Processor
• Non-stick frying pan
• Egg Lifter
• Bread Knife
• Serving Platter
- Lay the skinless fresh duck breasts onto a chopping board and chop into a small dice.
- Place the diced duck into the work bowl of a food processor and process to a coarse mince. Remove mince and set aside.
- Place the white bread, onion and parsley into the work bowl of the food processor and process until bread has a fine crumb.
- Return the duck mince to the food processor with the ginger, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and egg. Process until mixture is well combined.
- Shape duck mixture into golf ball sized mini burgers. Cover and chill until required.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes, add the oil then cook the mini duck burgers 4 minutes on each side.
- To Serve, spread the base of each slider bun with a little Hoisin sauce, top each bun with a small mound of kale coleslaw, roasted red capsicum and pickled ginger. Top the salad with a cooked duck burger, garnish with a squeeze of Japanese mayonnaise and replace the crown of the burger. Serve warm.
CHEF TIPS: This Burger is also delicious made into 4 large burgers. Mini Burgers maybe made well ahead of time, placed on a tray covered with baking paper, covered with cling wrap and frozen. Once frozen remove from tray and store in an airtight plastic container until required.
Duck skin is delicious baked between two trays 200°C for 25 - 30 minutes until golden and crispy and served as a snack or garnish with Duck burgers.
This great family recipe is thanks to Luv-a-Duck Recipes at http://www.luvaduck.com.au/recipes/view/duck-breast-burger-slider/31/