These bite-size treats are perfect for family party entertaining.
• Prep time: 45 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 18
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
• 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh oregano
• 150g dried chorizo, cut into 18 pieces
• 2 oranges, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
• 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3cm lengths
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil, plus extra to brush
• 18 extra large green king prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- Combine the oil, paprika, garlic, orange juice and 1 tbs oregano in a small bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat. Chill for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Soak toothpicks or skewers in water for 15 minutes. Heat a barbecue or chargrill to medium-high. thread 1 prawn, 1 piece of asparagus and 1 slice of chorizo onto each skewer. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 18 skewers.
- Grill skewers, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Scatter with remaining 1 tbs oregano. Brush orange wedges with a little extra oil, then grill for 2 minutes each side or until charred. Serve with prawn skewers.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/chargrilled-prawn-asparagus-skewers-burnt-orange/16bf15a0-90dd-4fd0-8b1d-86fbaab8725a?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/group/sx8icie0