Caprese Chicken Pasta
Perfect Mother's Day meal.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• kosher salt
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tbsps honey
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 tsps Italian seasoning, divided
• 2 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
• 4 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil divided
• 11 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
• 12 oz. cooked short pasta noodles (such as penne or spiral)
- Make balsamic glaze: In a medium saucepan, add balsamic vinegar, sugar, and honey and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half. Remove from heat and transfer to a heatproof bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Add chicken and cook until warm. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Stir in tomatoes and cook until pasta is hot throughout and tomatoes are tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken and mozzarella, then cover and cook until cheese is melty. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to delish Recipes at https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52046/caprese-chicken-pasta-recipe/