This simple Barramundi Fish Tacos will feel like an easy flight to the Baja Peninsula. Fish tacos are a perennial favorite of families everywhere. They’re so easy to put on the table, fun to assemble, and such a wonderful backdrop for favored flavors! Our simple, southwestern fish tacos are flavored with lemon and taco seasoning and feature a creamy sauce that enhances the buttery, clean flavor of barramundi.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 carrot
• 4 corn tortilla
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1 tbsp rapesseed oil
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 4 tsps taco seasoning
• 2 tbsps cilantro (coriander herb)
• 1 bag of barramundi skinless fillets
• 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
• 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
- For sauce, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, and 2 teaspoons taco seasoning.
- Toss barramundi with lemon juice and remaining taco seasoning.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute barramundi just until it begins to flake easily with a fork (around 4-6 minutes). Fish may break apart as it cooks.
- Spoon fish into warmed corn tortillas, serve with sauce and remaining ingredients as desired. Feel free to add additional taco fixings like fajita veggies and diced tomato.
- For the slaw, grate carrot into small slices with a box grater. Slice red and green cabbage thinly and combine with carrot.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Better Fish at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/southwestern-fish-tacos/