Crunchy chilli and corn pangrattato livens up this delicious prawn pasta.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 22 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 100ml olive oil
• 100g rocket leaves
• 2 corn cobs, kernels removed
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
• finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 400g casarecce paste, or other short pasta
• 20 green prawns peeled (tail intact), deveined
• 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- To make pangrattato, heat 1 tbs oil in a frypan over high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until light golden, then reduce heat to medium. Add a further 2 tbs oil with the breadcrumbs, chilli and lemon zest, then season. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until crumbs are golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup (125ml) cooking water.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 2 tbs oil to the frypan. Add the prawns, season and cook, tossing, for 3 minutes or until almost cooked, then add the garlic and cook, tossing, for a further 1 minute or until fragrant. Add pasta to the frypan along with the reserved cooking water. Stir through the lemon juice and rocket leaves.
- Divide among bowls and sprinkle generously with pangrattato to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/prawn-casarecce-lemon-chilli-corn-pangrattato/1d02a135-2178-4263-a5bd-9e1a0bbddf48?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/group/sx8icie0