The perfect steak in just 15 minutes! Pan Seared Ribeye that’s finished off in the oven and topped with homemade Herb Butter that will make you swoon!
This Pan Seared Ribeye with Herb Butter starts off on the stove top to sear in all the flavors and then is finished off in the oven to ensure it comes out with the perfect temperature. But the kicker on top is the herb butter finish!
You will love everything about this Ribeye! The flavor is incredible and it only takes 15 minutes to make! Bon Appetit my friends!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 2 8-10 oz Ribeye
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• salt & pepper to season
• 3 tablespoons of butter (softened)
• 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
• 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Make the Herb Butter: to a small bowl add butter, thyme, rosemary, salt, and lemon juice. Using a spoon, mix the ingredients together.
- Place butter mixture in a sheet of plastic wrap and roll the butter into a log. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, until butter hardens.
- Preheat grill to 500 degrees.
- Place a large 10″ cast iron skillet in the oven. Heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime season both sides of the ribeye with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and place on a burner set to HIGH heat. Add steaks to the pan and sear for 45 seconds. Flip the steaks with tongs to sear on the other side for another 45 seconds.
- Immediately place skillet in the oven and cook (at 500 degrees) for 2 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Remove skillet from the oven. (this will be medium rare, if you like it more well down cook it another minute on each side)
- Cover the skillet with foil and let steaks sit for 2 minutes.
- Serve. Top with herb butter and a lemon wedge.
This great family recipe is thanks to Joyful-Healthy-Eats Recipes at https://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/pan-seared-ribeye-herb-butter/