These Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are absolutely delicious. They are sweet and sticky and the perfect addition to any appetizer plate. These chicken wings are oven baked until crispy and then coated with a honey garlic sauce.
It contains some of my favorite Asian flavor combinations too: soy, garlic and ginger. This magic threesome is a never-fail basis for salad dressings or marinades.
This Chicken Wings recipe is easy to make. It starts with wings dabbed dry and dusted with a flour mixture. The wings are baked until crisp, we love making chicken wings in the oven. A little sweetness and a lots of ginger and garlic make these honey garlic chicken wings hard to resist!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 12
• 1/4 cup flour
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 50 split chicken wings
• salt and pepper to taste
For the chicken wings sauce:
• 1/3 cup water
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1 tsp corn starch
• 1/2 tsp chili flakes
• 4 tbsps soy sauce
• 1 tbsp ginger, finely diced
• 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Dab wings with paper towels until completely dry.
- Toss wings with flour, salt and pepper. Remove any excess flour and brush with olive oil (or use an olive oil spray).
- Line a pan with foil and then place parchment paper on top (you may need 2 pans) and bake 35 minutes turning at 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened and sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Take wings from oven, toss with sauce and return to the oven for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes. As the sauce cools, it thickens. Stir the wings every few minutes to coat in the sauce as it thickens.
NOTE: Chicken wings in the oven come out every bit as crispy and a whole lot less greasy. Plus, you don’t have all the oil spatter or cleanup to worry about. Just toss the parchment paper and foil when you’re done. The secret to making homemade chicken wings crispy:
• Dab them dry them thoroughly with paper towels before coating them with the flour.
• Ensure the flour is just a dusting (not clumped or thick)
• Make sure your oven is good and hot before popping them in so the skin will crisp up quickly.
NOTE: For this wing sauce I pump up the volume by adding extra garlic and ginger. The result is a perfectly heavenly combination of sweet, salty and meaty umami flavors. The trick to the best wing sauce is making sure it’s thickened so it sticks to the wings.
• Combine the wing sauce ingredients in a small saucepan
• Simmer until thickened, the sauce should coat the back of a spoon
• Use a foil lined pan (easy clean up) topped with parchment paper (so the wings don't stick)
• Allow the wings to bake or caramelize
• Cool 10 minutes before serving which will help the sauce to thicken further
TIPS: Honey garlic chicken wings are perfect as party wings. Serve them with a veggie plate containing celery sticks, broccoli florets and a variety of dipping sauces. Ranch dressing or your favorite blue cheese dressings are easy dips.
This great family recipe is thanks to Spend With Pennies at https://www.spendwithpennies.com/honey-garlic-wings-oven-baked/