Juicy Mexican cilantro lime chicken marinated with cilantro, lime juice and garlic. Pan-fry, bake or grill the chicken with this easy cilantro lime chicken recipe.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3
• lime wedges, for garnishing
• Chopped cilantro, for garnishing
• 1 1/2 lbs (about 0.4 - 1kg) skin-on deboned chicken thighs
• 3 tbsps olive oil
• 2 tbsps lime juice
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
• 1 tsp red chili flakes or more to taste
• 4 tbsps finely chopped cilantro stems and leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Whisk all the Marinade ingredients together in a big bowl, mix well. Add the chicken into the Marinade, stir to coat well. Marinate for 15 minutes but best for 2 hours.
- Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken with the skin-side down until slightly browned. Turn over and pan-fry the other side of the chicken until slightly browned.
- Spoon the leftover Marinade on top of the chicken before baking. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken and the Marinade residual to a serving platter (discard the oil), squirt some fresh lime juice, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/cilantro-lime-chicken/