For this broccoli salad I use the blender with the bladefor chopping things finely to chop up the broccoli, onion and basil and if you want you can add mint. You can substitute cranberries for raisins if you want.
- 1-2 large head of broccoli, florets cut off (keep the stalks for a soup or to use next time you are making stock)
- 1 fat stem of sprint onion, both green and white parts roughly chopped
- 1 handful of parsley, mint and basil
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- 1 handful of dried cranberries or raisins
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Some good quality olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado (an optional, but highly recommended, extra).
- Everything is chopped up tiny and mixed together then add olive oil, lemon juice and avocado to bind it all together and make it moist as you like.
Thanks to Photographer and sister in-law Laura Simonsen for this recipe.