• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 9 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Kosher salt
• 1 pound linguine
• Freshly ground pepper
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
• 3 1/2 tbsps unsalted butter
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
• 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 12 large sea scallops, tough foot muscles removed
• 2 tbsps fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook as the label directs.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the shrimp and scallops dry, then season with salt and pepper. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons butter to the pan and cook the shrimp until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp and add half of the garlic; cook until the garlic is fragrant but the shrimp are still translucent, 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and cook until golden on one side, about 3 minutes. Turn the scallops, add the remaining garlic and cook 1 to 2 more minutes. Add the lemon juice and wine and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon. Cook until the sauce is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan, then add the basil and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl. Toss with the shrimp, scallops and sauce; garnish with parsley and lemon.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food Network Recipes at https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/shrimp-and-scallop-scampi-with-linguine-recipe-1972870