Check out this quick and easy prawn aguachile salad recipe. Aguachile’ means ‘chilli water’ in Spanish, referring to the fiery dressing.
• Prep and cook time: 10 minutes + marinating
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 avocado, diced
• 1 tsp caster sugar
• 1/4 cucumber, diced
• 1 red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 limes, zested and juiced
• 180g ready-cooked prawns
• a handful radishes, quartered
• a handle tortilla chips, crushed to serve
• 2 little gem lettuces, cut into chunky pieces
• 2 green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
• a small bunch coriander, stalks roughly chopped and leaves torn
- Put the green chillies, coriander stalks, lime zest and juice, the sugar, a pinch of salt and 50ml of water into a small blender and whizz until smooth. Put the prawns and red onion into a large bowl, pour over the dressing and leave to marinate for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the avocado, radishes, cucumber, lettuce and coriander leaves, and toss again. Divide between 4 plates then sprinkle over a few crushed tortilla chips.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/quick-and-easy/prawn-aguachile-salad/