Have Crispy Lemon Garlic Butter Scallops on your table in less than 10 minutes, coated in a deliciously silky lemon garlic butter sauce! Cheaper than going out to a restaurant and just as good as chef made scallops!
These crispy, pan seared and juicy Lemon Garlic Butter Scallops are the ultimate treat when it comes to scallop recipes! Serve as a starter or main, nothing melts in your mouth quite like tender-crisp and buttery scallops.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 2 tbsps lemon juice
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• 1 1/4 pounds (600gm) scallops
• 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth
• 3 tbsps unsalted butter, divided
• salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
• 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced (OR 1 1/2 tbsps minced garlic)
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan (work in batches if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through (opaque). Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Pour in wine (or broth) and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter and lemon juice.
- Remove pan (skillet) from the heat; add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly and garnish with parsley.
- Serve over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini noodles).
This great family recipe is thanks to Cafe Delites at https://cafedelites.com/lemon-garlic-butter-scallops/