This Beef Tenderloin Roast is a stunning main to take center stage on your dinner table. It’s elegant, incredibly tender to the point where it feels indulgent, and worth every single penny. I’ll guide you every step of the way with this no-fail recipe for perfect results during the holiday season.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
For Beef Tenderloin Roast:
• 2 tsps kosher salt
• 2 tbsps avocado oil
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1 center-cut beef tenderloin roast (about 4 - 4 1/2 pounds), trimmed and tied
For Garlic Herb Butter:
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 6 tbsps softened butter
• 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Remove the beef tenderloin from the fridge and let it come to room temperature prior to cooking, about 1 to 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Slice the beef tenderloin in half, then trim and tie it up.
- Use paper towels to pat any excess moisture from the beef tenderloin, then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the beef tenderloin and brown for a few minutes on all sides, about 10 minutes total, to create a golden brown crust.
- Slather the butter herb mixture over the top side of the beef tenderloin, then transfer the entire pan to the oven. If using a probe thermometer, insert the probe before placing the tenderloin in the oven. Roast the beef tenderloin for 15-20 minutes, depending on how you like your meat cooked.
- Remove the beef tenderloin from the oven and transfer to a cutting board. Let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes, to allow the juices to redistribute. Then remove the twine and slice into 1-inch thick pieces. If you'd like, serve with horseradish sauce.
This great family recipe is thanks to DOWNSHIFTOLOGY at https://downshiftology.com/recipes/beef-tenderloin-roast/