Creamy Garlic Scallops
Creamy Garlic Scallops are just as good as restaurant scallops with minimal ingredients and maximum flavour!
A silky, creamy garlic sauce with a hint of lemon coats crispy, buttery scallops! With only a handful of ingredients, you’re minutes away from having the most incredible Creamy Garlic Scallops on your dinner table! People will think there’s a hidden chef in your kitchen!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/4 pounds (600 grams) scallops
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
• 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced (or 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic)
• Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup dry white wine or broth (optional)
• 1 cup heavy cream (light, full fat or thickened cream. For a lower fat option, use evaporated milk)
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- If scallops are frozen, thaw in cold water. Remove the side muscle from the scallops if attached. Thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and sizzling. Add the scallops in a single layer without over crowding the pan (work in batches if needed).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and fry for 2-3 minutes on one side (until a golden crust forms underneath), then flip and fry again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned and cooked through (opaque). Remove from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits left over from the scallops. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute).
- Pour in wine (or broth) and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half. Add cream and allow to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Remove pan (skillet) from the heat; stir in lemon juice and add the scallops back into the pan to warm through slightly and garnish with parsley.
- Serve over rice, pasta, garlic bread or steamed vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini noodles).
This great family recipe is thanks to Cafe delites Recipes at https://cafedelites.com/creamy-garlic-scallops/