Party Pleaser Pavlova - The Grown-Up's Version
Party Pleaser Pavlova - A Nutty Indulgence This recipe is a tried and tested favourite, the combination of Raspberries and Hazelnuts is divine and the Disaronno intensifies the nutty flavour, including the nut meal and crushed nuts give a great contrast in texture to the sticky, chewy, sweet Pavlova shell. Tips -
- A wet or dirty bowl will mean your whites won't whip properly
- The lemon juice helps the proteins to stay big and fluffy, you can use a vinegar instead if you want
- I like to use un-bleached, golden caster sugar which gives the base a lovely golden colour once it's baked. For a bright white Pav, use bleached caster sugar.
- If you're lost as to what to do with the yolks at the end stay tuned for Yolky recipe ideas!
- Four Teaspoons Cornflour
- Six Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 and 1/3rd Cup of Raw Caster Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup of Hazelnut Meal
- Disaronno 1-3 Shots, Depending On Taste
- 200ml of Whipping Cream
- 2 Punnets of Raspberries (fresh not frozen)
- 1/2 Cup of Toasted Hazelnuts Crushed
- Kitchen Aid Hand Blender (or similar)
- Metal, Glass or Ceramic Bowl, what ever bowl you have it must be squeaky clean and dry!
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Use a plate to draw a circle around on a piece of baking paper and dust liberally with 1 teaspoon of the cornflour
- Separate eggs, put yolks to one side
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until thick and glossy. Add remaining 3 teaspoons cornflour with the last tablespoon of sugar.
- Fold through vanilla and lemon juice.
- Carefully fold in the hazelnut meal, the oil from the nuts will change the consistency slightly and it won't be as stiff anymore.
- Spoon meringue onto baking paper. Shape into a circle, using the pencil mark as a guide, with a slightly higher edge and a low centre for you to pile the cream and fruit into.
- Reduce oven to 100°C. Bake for 1 - 1 & 1/4 hours or until dry and crisp.
- Turn off oven and open oven door. You should hear a delightful crackling sound (think rice bubbles just after you add milk) which indicates the meringue is cooling and settling. Cool completely in oven, it will take about an hour (pavlova may sink during cooling).
- Whisk the cream with an electric mixer and it's soft and fluffy, add in your desired amount of Disaronno and a 1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla Bean Paste can be a good addition here too, whisk gently again.
- Slide pavlova onto a serving plate. Spread with cream and top with Raspberries. Serve and Enjoy with friends!
Showing: 1- 10 of 301