Crumbed Lamb Cutlets
The easiest and best thing you can do for kids to enjoy their lamb.
- Rack of Lamb from Farmers Market
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Packet of breadcrumbs
- Fry Pan
- Vegetable oil or any oil you like to shallow fry in
- Brown Gravy (optional)
- Cut the rack of lamb in to individual cutlets. You can do this by finding the end of the bone amongst the meat section and the bone next to it and cut in between both.
- Put the two eggs in to a bowl and whisk them up with a fork for 30 seconds
- Spread the breadcrumbs over a large dinner size plate
- Dip one cutlet at a time in to the egg yoke and then in to the breadcrumbs until all are covered in breadcrumbs.
- Heat up a fry pan with enough oil to cover half of the lamb cutlets, approx. 1cm
- When the oil is hot place each of the cutlets in to the fry pan cooking each side for approx. 1-3 minutes depending on their thickness until the lamb is cooked.
What goes well with this
Traditionally I would cook this up for the family with some mash potato, green vegetables and some brown gravy!