Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon is a restaurant quality Pan Seared salmon recipe in a delicious creamy sauce! Filled with garlic, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and parmesan cheese.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps olive oil
• 2 tbsps butter
• 1 3/4 cups half and half
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Salt and pepper, to season
• 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
• 1 small yellow onion, diced
• 3 cups baby spinach leaves
• 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
• 1/3 cup dry white wine (optional)
• 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
• 4 salmon fillets, skin off (or trout or any white fish)
• 5 ounces (150g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained of oil
• 1 tsp cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tbsp of water (optional)
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon filets (or fish if using) on both sides with salt and pepper, and sear in the hot pan, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the remaining juices leftover in the pan. Add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Fry the onion in the butter. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce down slightly. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
- Reduce heat to low heat, add the half and half (or heavy cream), and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
- Add the salmon back into the pan; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each filet.
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cafe Delites Recipes at https://cafedelites.com/creamy-garlic-butter-tuscan-salmon/