There's nothing better than a spicy, fully loaded noodle soup on a cold night, especially when it's on the table in 40 minutes.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 2 tsps brown sugar
• 185g jar laksa paste
• 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 400ml can coconut milk
• coconut cream, to serve
• Thai basil leaves, to serve
• 200g thin rice stick noodles
• 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
• 1 long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced
• 1 chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
• 65g (1 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
• 24 green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
• 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
• 2 kaffir lime leaves, plus extra, shredded, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add laksa paste and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the coconut milk, stock and whole kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and prawns, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the prawns change colour and curl. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Drain and divide among serving bowls.
- Ladle the laksa over the noodles. Add a drizzle of coconut cream and top with the bean sprouts, chilli, basil and extra kaffir lime leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/spicy-chicken-prawn-laksa-recipe/3bce3kfy