A favourite with the kids, think of this Huon Salmon dish as a deconstructed salmon sushi roll, don is a Japanese word short for donburi which means rice bowl. You can add avocado or thinly sliced carrot to up the veg intake!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 360g Premium Fresh Huon Salmon, skinless
• 2 Cups White short grain rice
• 1/4 Cup Sushi rice seasoning + 1 tbs
• 1 Large cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 Sheets of nori
• 2 tbsp Black sesame seeds
- Cook rice using absorption method according to pack instructions. Transfer rice to a large bowl then pour over the sushi seasoning. Use a flat wooden spoon to gently toss the seasoning through, being careful that you don’t squash the rice.
- In a small bowl, toss cucumber with extra tablespoon of sushi rice seasoning.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the salmon portions into thin strips.
- Meanwhile use a pair of scissors to cut the nori sheets into thin strips and set aside.
- Divide rice into four bowls, add cucumber and top with salmon slices. Sprinkle with nori strips and sesame seeds.
- Serve with soy sauce.
TIP: Sushi rice seasoning and nori sheets are available in the Asian aisle of major supermarkets.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-don/