Lamb burgers make a great change from beef and the spicy rub gives full-on Moroccan flavour.
• Prep time: 0 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 10
• 20 ounces ground Australian lamb
• ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
• 8-ounce can garbanzo beans, mashed
• 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
• 5 dried apricots, finely diced
• 1 egg
• ½ cup sesame seeds
• 2 tablespoons nigella seeds
• 1 teaspoon Moroccan seasoning
• ¼ cup pistachio nuts, finely chopped
• mini-buns, toasted
• grilled capsicum, pumpkin and eggplant
• baby spinach leaves
• hummus dip
- In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb, parsley, garbanzo beans, Moroccan spice, dried apricots and egg.
- Work the mixture well and shape into small 2-ounce patties approximately 2-3 inches round.
- Blend the sesame seeds, nigella seeds, seasoning and pistachio nuts together in a small bowl and coat sliders well with the mixture.
- Brush the surface of the grill or fry pan with a little oil and cook sliders on medium heat 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Spread a little hummus on the base of the bun and top with baby spinach leaves. Cover leaves with a Lamb slider, top with warm grilled vegetables and replace the crown. Serve warm for any occasion.
This great family recipe is thanks to True Aussie Beef and Lamb at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/foodservice-recipes/lamb/moroccan-lamb-sliders/