These burgers feature a rich blend of dill-yogurt and Indian spices. Top it off with your favorite veggies and tikka masala sauce for a meal filled with flavor.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Portion size: 1 burger
Tikka masala burger:
• 1 pound Australian grassfed ground beef
• 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
• Kosher salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup juiced lemon
• 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
• 1/2 crumbled feta cheese
• 4 split potato buns each
• 4 pieces thinly sliced tomato
• 12 pieces thinly sliced, rinsed red onion
• 2 cups shredded romaine hearts
• 4 tablespoons store-bought tikka masala sauce
- For the burgers: Combine the beef, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and mix well. Form into ¼-pound patties and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the dill-lemon yogurt: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Keep at room temperature if using immediately, or refrigerate until ready to use. Bring up to room temperature before using, as this will prevent the sauce from chilling your burger when garnishing.
- To prepare: Preheat a skillet over HIGH heat. Add the burger patties and press with a spatula to form a crust during cooking. Cook until browned on the bottom, then flip the burgers and continue cooking to the desired doneness (3-4 minutes per side for medium rare, 5-6 minutes for medium, 6+ for well done). Remove the burgers from the pan and add the burger buns, cut-sides down; toast until golden, about 1 minute. Build your burger in the following order: Potato bun bottom, 1 tablespoon tikka masala sauce, 1 hamburger patty, 1 tomato slice, 3 onion slices, and ½ cup shredded lettuce. Spread 1 tablespoon dill-lemon yogurt on the potato bun top and put it on the burger. Serve immediately with your favorite side dish.
This great family recipe is thanks to True Aussie Beef and Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/consumer-recipes/beef/chef-adams-tikka-masala-burger-with-aussie-beef/