Plump prawn dumplings are delicious served with either soy, sesame or chilli dipping sauce.
• Prep and cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 24
• 2 tsps cornflour
• 2 tsps sesame oil
• 24 gow gee wrappers
• 1 kilogram uncooked prawns
• 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
• 1/4 cup (50g) bamboo shoots, chopped finely
- Shell and devein prawns; chop finely. Combine prawns in large bowl with bamboo shoots, chives, oil and cornflour. Blend or process half of the prawn mixture until just smooth. Return to large bowl with remaining prawn mixture; stir to combine.
- Place one wrapper on your hand; place one heaped teaspoon of the prawn mixture into centre of wrapper. Gently cup your hand and gather sides of wrapper to form pleats, leaving top open. Press base of wrapper on bench to flatten. Repeat with remaining wrappers and prawn mixture.
- Place dumplings, without touching, in lightly oiled steamer; steam, in batches, over large saucepan of boiling water 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with light soy sauce.
This great family recipe is thanks to Women's Weekly Food Recipes at https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/prawn-dumplings-9619