Whether you're planning a picnic or fancy making a batch for the weekend, what could be better than these little savouries?
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
• 8 good-quality pork sausages
• 1 small bunch sage, leaves only
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cut the pastry sheet into 8 equal squares.
- Skin the sausages, then lay the meat from one sausage in the middle of a pastry square. Put 2 sage leaves on top. Brush a little egg on one side then seal the pastry squares using your fingers to create a crimped edge. Repeat to make 7 more.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray, brush with more egg and bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for a few mins then run a palette knife underneath to loosen the sausage rolls. They can be eaten hot or cold. For a picnic, simply cool and pop into a container, layered with baking parchment. Will keep for 2 days in the fridge.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1369647/pork-and-sage-sausage-rolls